Thursday, January 19, 2012

I plan on buying my car at the auto auction!!?

I only have 1400 to spend and my last resort is the auction. Am i making a right decision by going there???I plan on buying my car at the auto auction!!?
Auction buyers beware. As a previous body shop tech and car dealer I will tell you that yes you can find a great deal at the auction but is it? I have personally seen vehicles that were totalled out have cosmetic work done on them so that you couldn't tell unless you knew what you were looking for. Also when you buy a vehicle from the auction you have to take the sellers word as to the mechanical condition. You might be able to buy that newer car for the $1400 you have but when you get it home might have to spend another grand or two on it just to drive it. Most auction cars are sold as is. Auctions are another way to get rid of that undocumented Flood car that has been dried out and had all the fluids changed to hide its history. Depending on where you are I would suggest going to a buy here pay here lot or get financing on a car from a reputable dealer. There are plenty of vehicles out there from private owners also within your price range. As with any vehicle before you buy it have it checked out and don't believe all those CarFax reports. I have seen wrecks show up clean on those reports. Their info is only as good as the info provided to them by insurance or repair shops.
If you deside to do this take some one w/you that knows about cars so they can check under the hood or maybe test drive it for unusual sounds so you wont get stuck w/ an lemon?

Report Abuse

I plan on buying my car at the auto auction!!?
I say go for It?

Report Abuse


If you buy a $1400 car, count on a $1400 repair bill at least.I plan on buying my car at the auto auction!!?
I have not personally went to an auction, but have had personal friends that have. For 1400 you should be able a very good car. You best bet is to go to an auction on the worst weatherd day (ie rain or snow) because there is a lot less people and you will be able to get a better car for cheaper. I hope this helps some and don't forget to browse a few auctions first.
Going to an auction is a good idea but the only problem is if you have a problem with that car a few weeks or days after you get it....you can't go back to the auction. And then again for $1,400.00 you can't be real picky. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment