Thursday, January 12, 2012

Can I remove my cd player, rims, intake ,etc before the Auto Insurance Auction comes to tow my car away?

My car was totaled and I decided not to keep it. But I have nice after market stuff in it. If I can, whats the limit of stuff I can keep? Bumper, tranny, engine?Can I remove my cd player, rims, intake ,etc before the Auto Insurance Auction comes to tow my car away?
you can remove anything that is not standard equipment for the car but you must replace with standard stuff either fitted or just in the wreck but be quick doing it the tow truck could arrive any time since you have agreed to the settlement
It all depends on who now holds the title. If the insurance company or IAA holds the title then technically it's their car. The money you were awarded or guaranteed is based on the normal stuff being on the car: radio, wheels, engine, tranny, etc ...'cause this is the stuff the wrecking yard is going to salvage from the car to sell and make a profit off the $1275 they paid you for your now pile of junk.



You can try it, but don't be surprised if they (insurance company or IAA or both) garnish your payout 'cause you took some high value items.Can I remove my cd player, rims, intake ,etc before the Auto Insurance Auction comes to tow my car away?
If you own the vehicle outright, you can remove whatever you want - the only restrictions would be (1) if you agreed to sell it as a complete vehicle or (2) if removal of components will decrease the sales price of the vehicle
if it is being taken to an auto wrecker then you can take whatever you want out of or off of it, unless you have already signed the car over to the wrecker.Can I remove my cd player, rims, intake ,etc before the Auto Insurance Auction comes to tow my car away?
you can remove whatever you added

or what stuff you didnt list on car when you got insurance
dude you can do what you want!
take everything off hurry up!

No comments:

Post a Comment