Sunday, January 8, 2012

Buying a car from auto auction?

I know when purchasing a car from a auction you buy as is. But I think I have been beat. The car overheated before I could get out of the auction parking lot, and it appears that water is in the motor oil. Do I have grounds to get my money back or am I stuck?|||Sadly, I'm afraid you might be stuck. Generally, as-is means "as-is". The benefit of an auction is you can pick up a car for cheaper... mainly because the purchaser's ability to scrutinize the car is limited and is taking a risk. You try to minimize the risk by looking at the car closely as possible before bidding (that's why they have the cars available for viewing before bidding starts). If you didn't do your due-dilligence beforehand, you really have no one to blame but yourself.|||Probably not, but it won't hurt to try. I assume you already paid and signed papers. Did you pay by check? Stop the check. Pay by credit card? Reverse the charge.|||You can't stop your check; that's illegal.





You can try having it arbitrated or reject it.

No comments:

Post a Comment